On beginning this blog I believe that I was more interested firstly, in the software (WordPress) and its capabilities, and secondly, communicating with my immediate family. It’s easy to just jump in and write, but it’s now time to reflect on how effectively this blog is communicating to its current and future readers. So it was time for some serious research.
Blog Writing Style Tips
There are many many pages of blog writing tips out there. Below is a short selection of some of the more useful pages.
- How to write a blog you’d want to read
- Ten tips for writing a blog post
- Ten timeless persuasive writing techniques
- How to write magnetic headlines
- George Orwell’s five rules for effective writing
- Writing a good blog – for Dummies
- Good blog writing style
It’s time to re-appraise the initial posts to this blog (and perhaps do a bit of editing!)